Marysville Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP)
Funds are available to income eligible homeowners within the city limits of Marysville who meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Your home must be located within the city limits of Marysville
- The home’s value must not exceed $144,000.00
- Household income must meet area Income Guidelines defined by HUD
The Home Repair Program provides up to $5,000 per unit to address emergency situations or to repair or replace one or two major systems such as roof, furnace, plumbing and/or electrical upgrades, and septic systems. Assistance is available in the form of a grant.
In addition to basic eligibility requirements, property taxes and mortgage payments must be current in order to receive assistance.
The Single-Family Rehab program provides up to $30,000 to rehabilitate a home. The types of allowable repairs include roof, electrical and plumbing upgrades, siding, windows, heating systems, weatherization and lead-based paint hazards. Qualified homeowners will receive a zero percent interest deferred mortgage, which means no monthly payments are made and no interest is charged.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirements:
- The property must be owner-occupied for at least one year
- Homeowners insurance, property taxes and mortgage payments must be current
- There must be sufficient equity to support the additional mortgage
These programs are sponsored by the City of Marysville with funding provided by the Ohio Department of Development’s Office of Housing and Community Partnerships.
Please contact Anne Arnott at 1-800-886-6772 or 614-233-4184, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.