Regional Housing Strategy
Together with the services of a national consulting firm, MORPC and its partners will provide a strategy that:
- Reviews existing studies regarding current housing supply and lack thereof and supplements those studies with additional data to provide a comprehensive view of today’s housing market.
- Recommends investment priorities for the region’s public and not-for-profit housing dollars to achieve the greatest impact on affordability in our market.
- Identifies gaps where new funding streams can be developed based on strategies from other markets around the country.
- Identifies structural impediments to the development of sufficient housing to meet demand in the market and suggests regulatory strategies.
- Sets forth metrics for individual communities and the region as a whole to judge the performance of the regional housing market in meeting the needs of our residents.
A comprehensive report will present the details of the strategy. Specific deliverables include a housing investment allocation portfolio; non-financial/regulatory strategies; tracking metrics; and existing conditions report. The project commenced in July 2019 and will conclude no later than Q3 2020.
These materials represent preliminary findings from analyses completed prior to November 2019. Results will continue to be refined and new findings will be added based on ongoing feedback and input from stakeholders. A full technical report with additional information will be completed in early 2020.