Regional Housing Strategy
Together with the services of a national consulting firm, MORPC and its partners will provide a strategy that:
- Reviews existing studies regarding current housing supply and lack thereof and supplements those studies with additional data to provide a comprehensive view of today’s housing market.
- Recommends investment priorities for the region’s public and not-for-profit housing dollars to achieve the greatest impact on affordability in our market.
- Identifies gaps where new funding streams can be developed based on strategies from other markets around the country.
- Identifies structural impediments to the development of sufficient housing to meet demand in the market and suggests regulatory strategies.
- Sets forth metrics for individual communities and the region as a whole to judge the performance of the regional housing market in meeting the needs of our residents.
A comprehensive report will present the details of the strategy. Specific deliverables include a housing investment allocation portfolio; non-financial/regulatory strategies; tracking metrics; and existing conditions report. The project will commence in July 2019 and will conclude no later than Q1 2020.