Funding Available to Enhance Mobility of Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is announcing the availability of Section 5310 Program funding to enhance the mobility of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
The Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program will provide approximately $2 million in federal funding to improve mobility for seniors and people with disabilities.
The program provides grant funds for:
- Capital expenses for vehicles and related equipment used to transport older adults and people with disabilities
- Activities related to mobility management
- Operating projects that specifically serve older adults and people with disabilities
- Travel training to instruct persons with disabilities on using fixed-route bus services
- Capital projects to remove barriers at bus stops for people with disabilities
The program is administered by MORPC for the Columbus, Ohio urbanized area. Eligible recipients include state or local government authorities, private non-profit organizations, or public or private operators of public transportation services. The deadline for requests is January 13, 2020.
Funds are available each federal fiscal year and are distributed following a MORPC review and approval process.
More information on MORPC’s 5310 Funding Program is available here.
COTA and Delaware County Transit Board Program of Projects are part of MORPC’s public involvement process.