MORPC Seeks Public Input on Draft Regional Transportation Plan Objectives and Performance Measures
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is seeking comments from the public on the proposed objectives and performance measures related to the regional goals for the 2024-2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) for the Columbus Urbanized Area.
The MTP is the long-range planning document that identifies transportation priorities, strategies, and projects over the next two decades. Updated on a four-year cycle, MORPC coordinates the development of the MTP with communities throughout Central Ohio and with other local, state, and federal agencies.
By guiding investment in transportation and mobility infrastructure and services in Central Ohio, the MTP identifies strategies to advance the following six goals:
- Position Central Ohio to attract and retain economic opportunity to prosper as a region and compete globally.
- Provide transportation and mobility options to benefit the health, safety, and welfare of all people.
- Create sustainable neighborhoods to improve all residents’ quality of life.
- Increase regional collaboration and employ innovative transportation solutions to maximize the return on public expenditures.
- Reduce per capita energy consumption and promote alternative fuel resources to increase affordability and resilience of regional energy supplies.
- Protect natural resources and mitigate infrastructure vulnerabilities to maintain a healthy ecosystem and community.
The objectives and performance measures are used to define measurable outcomes with indicators to track progress in advancing each regional goal. The plan is scheduled for completion in 2024 and is being conducted by MORPC in concert with other activities in the region.
Presentations on the draft objectives and performance measures can be requested by calling Maria Schaper at (614) 233-4153 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The draft objectives and performance measures can also be viewed on MORPC’s website.
The public is encouraged to provide comments or additional information on the proposed objectives and performance measures by 5 p.m. on January 23, 2023, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to MORPC, 111 Liberty Street, Suite 100, Columbus, OH, 43215, Attn: MTP.