The Central Ohio Transportation Safety Plan is a comprehensive safety plan for the Central Ohio region that identifies the most significant causes of serious injuries and fatalities on the local roadway system. The plan establishes a series of goals and benchmarks for safety improvements, identifies existing trends and critical safety priorities, and sets up a framework for how collaboration can improve safety throughout the region. This plan was developed by the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) in collaboration with local, state, and private sector organizations with a wide array of expertise on transportation safety in Central Ohio.
Every year we identify high-crash locations within the metropolitan planning area using crash data from the most recent three years. We produce a Top 100 Regional High-Crash Location list, a list of Top 5 High-Crash Intersections by Jurisdiction, as well as a list of Top Pedestrian and Bicycle High-Crash Clusters.
- High-Crash Location Methodology (PDF)
- Top 100 Regional High-Crash Intersections (2015 to 2017) (PDF)
- Top 100 Regional High-Crash Intersections (2015 to 2017) (Webmap)
- Top Pedestrian and Bicycle High-Crash Clusters (2013 to 2017) (PDF)
- Top 5 High-Crash Intersections by Jurisdiction (2015 to 2017) (PDF)
- Previous High-Crash Lists (PDF)