Intel: Regional Silicon Heartland Web Hub
The January 2022 announcement that Intel would build a world-class set of semiconductor manufacturing facilities in New Albany – the largest economic development project in Ohio’s history – created excitement about its potential to transform the region and state’s economic future toward a diversified, high-tech innovation economy with international impact.
Central Ohio is already experiencing historic growth, and the Intel development will rely on smart community planning and a strong local infrastructure system.
MORPC will continue to be a resource to local communities, businesses, educational institutions and non-profits as more details of the Intel development unfold – serving as a convener of important regional conversations.
- A $20 billion+ chip manufacturing project
- New Albany / Licking County
- Plans to build two state-of-the-art factories by 2025
- Opportunities for New Albany, Central Ohio and the State of Ohio
- Thousands of new manufacturing and construction jobs
- New infrastructure in and around New Albany to support the project
- A stronger emphasis on STEM education opportunities throughout the state of Ohio.
- Megaproject = largest single private sector company investment in Ohio’s history
- 20,000 jobs in the state
- 3,000 Intel direct jobs in Phase 1