With a projected population of 3.15 million residents by 2050 and recent large-scale economic development investments, Central Ohio Communities are facing unprecedented growth. In order to maintain an affordable cost-of-living, efficient transportation systems, and quality municipal, township, and county services, our region’s communities need to be proactive in planning for the future. To support communities’ efforts to envision and plan for their future – and to support our region growing better as we grow bigger – MORPC has developed a Consultant Services Program.
The Consultant Services Program streamlines the RFP process for MORPC member communities through:
- Prequalifying consultants for long-range planning projects
- Drafting Requests for Proposals on behalf of the community’s project goals, interests, and budgets
- Creating a central repository for long-range planning RFPs
- Conducting initial reviews of Proposal Submissions, and
- Facilitating final presentations of proposals and assisting with the final consultant selection.
Local governments interested in applying to the Consultant Services Program can find more information and instructions for requesting assistance below.
Each year, the Consultant Services Program prequalifies Consultants to submit proposals for – and complete work on – long-range planning projects initiated by communities in Central Ohio. In the 2023 pilot, eligible project types include the completion of – or updates to – comprehensive planning and zoning codes, as well as neighborhood or area plans, housing action plans, active transportation plans, and parking plans or assessments. For a complete list of eligible project types and more information about the prequalification process, see PREQUALIFICATION below.
General details regarding the timelines and workflow of the Consultant Services Program are outlined below. For details specific to the prequalification or assistance process, please refer to the associated dropdown links.
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE (LOCAL GOVERNMENTS)
The Consultant Services Program assists communities with the RFP process – including formatting and publishing the RFPs, evaluating initial proposals, and facilitating presentations and scoping. A program fee of $1,000 will be assessed for each project.
Benefits of the Consultant Services Program for communities include:
- Free-up staff time by performing the front-end tasks of creating, formatting, and posting RFPs.
- Cost savings with a centralized location to post RFPs that has high visibility.
- Higher quality proposals by prequalifying Consultants.
A Request for Assistance Form is linked below. For detailed instructions on the form and the information it’s trying to gather, see the associated Request for Assistance Form Instructions.
The Consultant Services Program prequalifies Consultants to submit proposals for – and complete work on – long-range planning projects initiated by communities in Central Ohio. Benefits of the Consultant Services Program for Consultants include:
- The creation of a centralized repository for RFPs.
- Standardized formatting of RFPs.
- Simplified Proposal Submissions.
The Application for Prequalification Form is linked below. For detailed instructions on the form and the information it’s trying to gather, see the associated Application for Prequalification Form Instructions.