Bridging the Digital Divide in Central Ohio (Virtual Meeting)
We are pleased to host a brief meeting to bring you up to date on activities taking place to bridge the digital divide in Central Ohio. High-speed internet is no longer a luxury. It is a critical for nearly every aspect of our everyday lives, and yet there is a clear “digital divide” between those who can enjoy the benefits of technology and those who cannot.
Join MORPC, SmartColumbus, and BroadbandOhio to learn how these organizations are working to ensure that everyone in our region has access high-speed internet, internet-enabled devices, and the knowledge to use them, and how your community can get involved.
- Opening remarks – William Murdock, MORPC Executive Director
- The state of digital equity in Central Ohio – SmartColumbus Team
- The role of Regional Digital Inclusion Alliances in improving digital equity in the region – BroadbandOhio Team
- Closing remarks (MORPC)
- Participants will learn about existing conditions related to digital equity in the region and need for action to address these conditions
- Participants will learn about efforts by the State of Ohio to participate in the State Digital Equity Planning Grant Program, a federally funded grant, to develop a statewide plan to improve digital equity.
- Participants will learn about Regional Digital Inclusion Alliances (RDIA), how they support the state plan, and how their communities can get involved in the RDIA for our region.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 272 088 902 492
Or call in (audio only)
+1 469-206-8654,,187461514# United States, Dallas
(888) 595-9475,,187461514# United States (Toll-free)
Phone Conference ID: 187 461 514#
We hope you can tune in! This meeting will be recorded for those that are unable to attend.