MORPC Seeks Public Input on Draft Regional Transportation Goals
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is seeking comments from the public on the proposed regional goals for the 2024-2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) for the Columbus Urbanized Area.
The MTP is a long-range planning document that identifies transportation priorities, strategies, and projects over the next two decades. Updated on a four-year cycle, MORPC coordinates the development of the MTP with communities throughout Central Ohio and with other local, state, and federal agencies. The draft goals include:
By guiding investment in transportation and mobility infrastructure and services in Central Ohio, the MTP identifies strategies to advance the following six goals:
- Position Central Ohio to attract and retain economic opportunity to prosper as a region and compete globally.
- Create sustainable neighborhoods to improve all residents’ quality of life.
- Provide transportation and mobility to benefit the health, safety, and welfare of all people.
- Reduce per capita energy consumption and promote alternative fuel resources to increase affordability and resilience of regional energy supplies.
- Protect natural resources and mitigate infrastructure vulnerabilities to maintain a healthy ecosystem and community.
- Increase regional collaboration and employ innovative transportation solutions to maximize the return on public expenditures.
The goals will direct actions and strategies used to measure progress over time with respect to transportation projects in Central Ohio. Next steps include defining measurable outcomes with indicators to track success. The plan is scheduled for completion in 2024 and is being conducted by MORPC in concert with other activities in the region.
Presentations on the draft goals can be requested by calling Maria Schaper at (614) 233-4153 or by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The draft goals can also be viewed on MORPC’s website.
The public is encouraged to provide comments or additional information on the proposed goals by 5 p.m. on November 4, 2022 by email to email@example.com or in writing to MORPC, 111 Liberty Street, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43215, Attn: MTP. For more details on the MTP, visit MORPC’s website.