Our Traffic Modeling team can provide traffic growth rates needed for Traffic Impact Studies that are required by municipalities.
A traffic growth rate is used to grow an existing traffic count to estimate the forecasted volume for a future year at specific locations. These can be applied to existing intersections and existing road segments.
Growth Rate Requests
In order to provide a growth rate, MORPC needs the following information:
- Traffic count data for which the growth rate will be applied.
- It is most efficient if new counts are provided to us by utilizing the Excel Spreadsheet template available here.
- Instructions on using this template can be found here.
- The count will be uploaded to our online traffic count database available here.
- If an existing count in our database is to be used, please provide us information on the specific count(s) that will be used.
- Opening year and design year of the project or study.
- Roadway network assumptions (i.e., any future roadway assumptions in the vicinity of the project, such as changes in the number of travel lanes, new roadways, etc.)
- Land Use Assumptions: general information on the site location/development, ITE Trip Generation Report, site map, etc.)
- The project contact person at the municipality that would review the study.
- Any other important background information for the linear growth rate.
Email the above information to MORPC at email@example.com.