Quick Crash Facts
* Between the years of 2007 and 2009, a total of 116,266 crashes involving over 310,000 people occurred in MORPC’s transportation planning area. During this time frame, 310 people lost their lives and nearly 43,000 were injured.
* This number of crashes equates to approximately 38,750 crashes per year or 106 crashes per day.
* On average, a person is killed every 3.5 days and 39 people are injured every day in a traffic crash in our region.
* A total of 921 bicycle units and 1,421 pedestrians were involved in crashes during the 3-year frame.Regional Crash Fact Sheets
Regional Crash Fact Sheets cover a variety of crash types and related information on fatal crashes, serious crashes, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, truck drivers, public transit, rear-end and work zone crashes, and driver behavior trends.
Crash Fact Sheets for 2007 to 2009
Crash Fact Sheets for 2006 to 2008
Crash Fact Sheets for 2005 to 2007
MORPC High Crash Locations and Corridors
On an annual basis MORPC analyzes high-crash locations within our Metropolitan Planning Area. This results in a Top 40 High-Crash Location list as well as a Top 10 Pedestrian and Bicycle Location and Corridor List. Below are links to our most currently available reports.
Methodologies Used in Analyzing Crash DataRegional Top 40 High-Crash Intersections
Top 10 Regional Pedestrian and Bicycle High-Crash Locations and CorridorsTop High Crash Intersections by Jurisdiction
Previous High Crash Lists
Other Safety Documents
- CapitalWays 2008
- Regional Safety Report 2007
For more questions regarding MORPC's safety efforts, please contact Joe Fish at (614) 233-4123.