U.S. EPA Brownfields Grant Program
The EPA’s Brownfields Program provides technical and financial assistance for brownfields activities. Assessment coalition grants provide grant recipients with funding for the following assessment activities:
- Inventory Sites: Compile a listing
- Characterize Sites: Identify past uses
- Assess Sites: Determine existing contamination
- Conduct Planning Around One or More Brownfield: Initiate site revitalization and prepare for site redevelopment
- Conduct Site-specific Cleanup and Redevelopment Planning: Scope and plan process
- Conduct Community Involvement: Inform and engage community
More information about the EPA Brownfields Program and the assessment coalition grants is available at the EPA program webpage.
The site selection process is determined by the Technical Assistance Working Group, comprised of public agencies that represent regional interests. The grant application and site selection process are not competitive. All public, private, or non-profit agencies with eligible properties are encouraged to apply below.
Brownfields Grant Program Kick-off
MORPC will host a virtual Brownfields Grant Program kick-off meeting on August 3 at 4:30 p.m. Join us at the information below: