Our team is hard at work advocating on behalf of the region in the halls of the Ohio Statehouse and U.S. Capitol. We work closely with civic leaders and partner organizations to prioritize the aspirations of our local communities and communicate those aspirations to elected and appointed officials.
MORPC’s government affairs work is guided by the agency’s Regional Policy Roundtable — a committee that includes representatives from local governments, businesses, non-profits, and other community stakeholders. The roundtable offers guidance on current issues and in the development of a biennial public policy agenda that serves as a framework of our policy positions and assists staff in navigating advocacy efforts.
MORPC 2023-2024 Lead Public Policy Goals
- Regionalism – Promote regionalism at the local, state, and federal levels of government to create an environment of prosperity for all Central Ohio residents by fostering economic growth, equity, and efficient use of resources.
- Transportation – Achieve an advanced, inclusive, safe, and exceptional transportation system that connects Central Ohio’s people and products to the world.
- Sustainability – Pursue sustainability solutions that protect and conserve our natural resources and promote a diverse supply of clean, affordable, and reliable sources of energy for our growing region.
- Data and Digital Infrastructure – Promote effective data policies and the equitable deployment of digital infrastructure that benefits Central Ohio communities.
- Racial and Social Justice – Raise awareness of racial and social justice issues and work to continually improve communities within our growing region.
Our policy advocacy for 2023-2024 includes the following:
- House Bill 23 (State Transportation Budget)
- House Bill 33 (State Operating Budget)
- House Bill 64 (Eminent Domain)
- House Bill 257 (Virtual Public Meetings)
- Senate Bill 166 (Expand Minority Business Loans)
- MORPC Member Testimony before Senate Select Committee on Housing
Comments on Federal Rules