From energy conservation to resource development, MORPC’s energy expertise is available to assist the region in their efforts to develop sustainable and resilient energy systems as we prepare for the future.
Our region has a myriad of goals and priorities when it comes to energy. To meet our members where they are, MORPC has developed a roadmap to guide them through our energy planning services.
Providing the foundation for continuous improvement. The Energy Data and Analysis program calculates energy values to assist with policy decisions.
Every MORPC member receives an annual report of:
- Current, previous, and future data for energy production, consumption, expenditures, and emissions across all sectors
- Equity metrics including energy burden
Energy Data and Analysis Program Information Sheet
Where energy needs are elevated to action. The Local Government Energy Partnership is a collaborative initiative providing MORPC members with technical support, assistance for policy development, financing opportunities, and implementation.
The partnership is a sponsored program. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact MORPC’s energy planning staff.
For more information, visit the Local Government Energy Partnership.
Roadmap to 100% emission-free energy for local government operations. The Clean Energy Acceleration Program is a cost-conscious pathway for local governments to reduce their emissions through energy efficiency, on-site generation, and grid-level renewable energy purchases.
Clean Energy Acceleration Program Information Sheet
Preparing our communities for the future of transportation. The Clean Mobility Transition (CMT) assists MORPC members in converting their fleets to clean mobility technologies and developing infrastructure in their communities through a regional approach. The CMT delivers:
- A baseline of local government fleet and community mobility needs
- Regional planning tools to make it easier for MORPC members to implement clean mobility options
- Coordination with Drive Ohio, Smart Columbus, and Clean Fuels Ohio
Clean Mobility Transition Information Sheet
- Energy planning, modeling, forecasting, and goal setting for your community
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure planning
- Consulting focused on internal operations process planning
- Clean energy resource development
- Franklin County Energy Study, Recommendations, and Fact Sheet
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Services
- Transportation Energy Analytics Dashboard – in partnership with National Renewable Energy Laboratory and the University of Maryland CATT Lab (currently in development)
- Central Ohio Solar Toolkit for Local Governments
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Primer for Marysville/Union County